Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My 30 Day Hot Yoga Challenge

As many of you have probably seen, I decided to do a 30 day hot yoga challenge from March 4th to April 2nd.

Mission accomplished?
Yes and no. I actually completed 31 classes in those 30 days, HOWEVER...I did miss one day (Easter Sunday). I doubled up and went twice on a couple days, but technically it's not a 30 class challenge in 30 days...it's a 30 day challenge. It just wasn't possible for me to go that day though, so in my eyes...I did pretty dang good ;)


My results?
I wasn't going for weight loss or anything because I did not change my diet in the slightest. I actually have no idea what I weigh right now because the scale is still packed away somewhere. I will say though, I know I haven't gained weight and ultimately I feel not only more flexible, but also stronger! I feel energized each and every day even though I'm getting up at 5 in the morning.
I would also agree that I feel like it detoxifies. Would I feel better if I were eating perfectly clean? Very likely.
But I'd say I feel pretty clean inside and out.

What now?
Well to be honest... I'm hooked! I already have the next month lined up, with more in store!
I love it, and though I may not continue to go EVERY single day (who knows...I might!), I still want to go at least 4-6 days a week.
However, I have been missing doing some regular workouts as well.

Would I recommend it?
YES! I love it, every class is a challenge because you have to push yourself even just a little bit further.
Though it may not be for everyone, you should definitely try it out!
It is fairly pricey, but if you can work it into your budget - I recommend it.
Most, if not all, studios have an introductory offer for either a week or a month - whatever you're able to commit to!
PLUS! Moksha Yoga Calgary (and Calgary West) {which is where I've been going} are both offering deals on April 5, 6, 7 for 15% off class passes or 25% off year admission. ;)
So take that into consideration...or don't, but I'm glad I did!

I honestly can't say how other studios are, because I've only tried Moksha. I will say that at the Moksha studio, I do prefer both the Moksha Flow and Hot Fusion classes to just the Moksha as there's more variety {but I still do Moksha 3+ times/week}. I've also done some research into Bikram yoga and although I haven't tried it, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as it's the same poses every time. And there's even more studios around...so do your research!

And if you're not into hot yoga, you could also try out some regular yoga OR you could always just do some regular old yoga at home!

What to expect if you DO try hot yoga?
First off, make sure you give it a good chance. Some days are better than others. Some days I feel like a master yogi, and others...well I feel like collapsing into a puddle of my own sweat.
Some classes are EXTREMELY hot...other classes are just warm. It varies A LOT.
Expect to sweat a lot, especially if it's a fully hot class.

What to bring?
-yoga mat (obviously)
-1-3 towels (1. for laying on the mat when it's too slippery, 2. a small one for wiping sweat off and 3. another towel if you plan on showering after{you'll figure out what works for you})
{I wasn't joking when I said you sweat a lot} ;)
-water, definitely

SO this is just my experience and opinion. To each their own and take from this, whatever you want.
Any questions, feel free to ask!
OR if you want to join me, let me know :D!

Love you too.

xo T




1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl!! It's awesome that you completed this challenge :) I'm glad that you feel better for having done so, too!

    ReplyDelete