Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas (Eve)^2 + Cookie Palooza

Okay okay, maybe not cookie palooza...but today has been a long day.

I had all my cookie doughs made and ready for baking, and today...was baking day.

I'll lay them all out for you...

Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies


These are pretty soft, simple and delicious!

Whipped Shortbread Cookies
(Can't find the recipe I used...but they're really simple)


You can really taste how unhealthily scrumptious they are.

Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies


These were a pain in the buttocks. But they are pretty tasty.
Personally, I'd recommend leaving the almond extract out...not a big fan...

Chocolate Turtle Cookies


These are very...indulgent I suppose. The caramel was a pain.
But they're definitely yummy.

Peppermint Rice Krispies


Just followed the basic recipe for Rice Krispie Squares but added peppermint extract in. 
Originally I was going to try something I saw on Pinterest and add  drizzled white and semi-sweet chocolate and crushed candy canes on top.
However, by the time I had finished baking and topping all these cookies...I was done and decided these could be kept simple. 

Originally I was also going to do a couple other things as well...but I was spent. I'm sick and tired, and I think I've got enough goodies. 

All 3 cookies recipes I shared links for are by Sally
I've mentioned her before. She creates delicious things. 

2 days to go until Christmas!

On the eleventh day of Christmas a Trudy gave to you, eleven hours of relaxing, ten cozy jammies, nine hot bevies, eight festive goodies, endless heaps of snow, six Christmas songs, fiiive strriiiiiiinnnnggs of liiiiiggggghhhts, four candy canes, three snuggly blankies, two fuzzy kittens, and a small fiber optic treeeeee.

Or even more than eleven hours! After my day of baking, I feel as though I need a long time to recharge my batteries (especially since they're depleted from my sickly state).

Getting to relax is most DEFINITELY one of my favorite parts of Christmas!

Don't you agree??

And onto the Chrtistmas song of the day!
One of my favorites for sure!
(I say that about practically every song, I know...)

(NOTE: They kind of ramble on a bit at the beginning, you may have to link over to YouTube to watch)



You didn't think I'd  leave Bowie out, did you? ;)

Enjoy your Christmas Eve Eve.
Talk to you tomorrow. ^^

Love you too.

xo T

PS. Here's Day 10 if you missed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment